The ten most commonly asked questions
No need to worry. Just let us know if you need some assistance and we can arrange transport from the hospital in one of our personal vehicles.
Our well-appointed rooms feature en suite facilities with a walk-in shower, and enjoy access to a comprehensive Sky TV package. Breakfast will be served in your room, after which you may relax in the conservatory, drawing room or peaceful rooftop garden ─ or perhaps take advantage of the inclusive on-site hairdressing, manicure and chiropody services ─ whilst we attend to all your cleaning, laundry and ironing needs.
Absolutely; our 60-strong team will be working 24 hours a day to ensure your safety, comfort and well-being at all times.
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us. We employ a dedicated team of skilled nurses and care assistants under the close supervision of our matron, Tracey, who has 30 years’ of clinical experience. In addition there are twice-weekly visits by a local GP, who is also on out-of-hours call.
Yes; we have a dedicated physiotherapy suite, employing cutting-edge technology, in our purpose-built treatment centre. Your treatments will be available from Monday-Saturday during your stay with us, and follow-up sessions may be booked on check-out.
Yes, we are able to offer outpatient physiotherapy and hydrotherapy treatments. Please see more info here.
Yes; our nursing staff will be on hand to remove stitches and staples or change dressings to wounds as often as necessary, under the guidance of your hospital discharge information.
No; our inclusive accommodation charge covers all meals. This includes breakfast, lunch, supper and all drinks and refreshments throughout the day, whilst addressing all dietary requirements and allergy concerns.
VISITOR by pre-booked timed appointment only
We are pleased to announce that in line with government guidance we are now able to welcome five named visitors per guest staying at The Clavadel.
The following rules apply:
- Named visitors should not change unless exceptional circumstance.
- To reduce the risk of infections patients can have no more than 2 visitors at a time or over the course of one day.
- Designated visitors may visit patients in the Drawing Room, which is well ventilated with doors and windows open at all visiting times.
- In exceptional circumstances visitors may visit patients in their own rooms, this will be risk assessed on a case by case basis and discussed and agreed by the Matron or Nurse In Charge.
- Before being admitted to the building visitors must have a Lateral Flow Test performed and negative result. Ensure all patients and visitors are aware, in advance, that the Lateral Flow Test process will take up to 45 minutes in order that visitors are prepared for the wait for test results outside of the building.
- Visitors must be screened for Covid-19 symptoms and recorded on entry to the building.
- Visitors must be issued with our standard issue PPE on arrival – mask, gloves and apron.
- PPE must be worn at all times.
- Due to PPE masks being worn at all times we cannot offer visitors food and drink at this time.
- Visitors must be advised to maintain social distance of 2m.
- Non-designated visitors are permitted to visit the patient outside of the building in one of the outside areas
- Children under 18 years old may visit the patient outside of the building in one of the outside areas
The lateral flow tests can also be taken by visitors at home if they applying for home testing via the NHS self test online request: 2 rapid tests per week (one every 3-4 days) need to be performed.
Once a negative swab test result is recorded your guest will be assisted to put on the necessary PPE (mask, gloves and apron), they are then free to enter the building and visit you in our drawing room.
Following your initial minimum recovery period of six days/five nights, you are welcome to extend your stay, where possible, for as long as you choose and take advantage of the unique environment at The Clavadel until you feel ready to return home.
Should your procedure be postponed or cancelled on medical advice, your deposit will be returned or the booking may be rescheduled, as you choose.